Labels

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Snoop Dogg now kindly requests you call him Snoop Lion


Snoop Dogg now kindly requests you call him Snoop Lion
In perhaps the weirdest story of the day, Snoop Dogg has announced he is now to be known as Snoop Lion.
We know, we know – how annoying, we have to move him in our mega-celeb address book from D to L too. But apparently it’s all for a good reason, he’s converted to Rastafarianism and will now shun rap music for reggae.
The rapper – who’s quite fond of using the word Dogg in his album names like Doggystyle, Tha Doggfather and Doggumentary – will now release a reggae album called Reincarnation.
Snoop says he underwent a spiritual and artistic rebirth while in Jamaica where he’s been working on his next album, saying yesterday: “I went to the temple, where the high priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg'.
“And he looked me in my eyes and said: 'No more. You are the light. You are the lion.' From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there."

Reggae

Lion – who pre-Dogg was actually called Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr – then said rap was “no longer a challenge” and would instead be devoting the rest of his career to reggae.
"With no disrespect to other rappers, but they can't f**k with me in rap,” he said. “I've won every accolade you can get in rap, they call me 'Uncle Snoop' in rap. When you're an uncle, it's time to find something new. … I want to feel like a kid again.”
Not everyone’s convinced though. Australian website News.com said: "Bowie had Ziggy for half a decade, Beyonce had Sasha Fierce for just one album, so how long will Snoop keep up the Lion act? He is a shrewd businessman who knows how to grab headlines and 'Snoop Lion' is a great headline."
Whatever the reason, we like this idea of changing your last name into a random animal… Let us know what yours would be below

No comments:

Post a Comment