Labels

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

TOWIE’s Lauren Goodger: ‘I’m moving on from Mark Wright, but I’m nervous’


It’s been a year of ups and down for The Only Way Is Essex’s Lauren Goodger.
She’s endured a bitter split from her childhood sweetheart and ex-fiancé Mark Wright, had her Essex salon petrol bombed, been suspended from TOWIE and battled with her weight.
But now Lauren seems happier than ever – could this have anything to do with a young man called Tom?
Co-star and new love interest – the first since Lauren’s split from Mark a year ago – Tom Pearce has been helping the 25-year-old to get her sparkle back.
“I’ve kissed someone else for the first time since Mark! I’ve been quite nervous, but I’m enjoying it. We’re not a couple yet but who knows? Tom is a really nice guy. I’m getting to know him and it’s early days, but we fancy each other,” Lauren giggled to Closer magazine.

Are things getting steamy for Lauren and Tom?

Lauren_Goodger Tom_Pearce
Lauren with the man who's putting the smile back on her face
 
Despite getting up close and personal with Tom in a previous episode of the reality show, Lauren admits the couple haven’t slept together yet.
“We went on a date, then he dropped me home. We’ve been out clubbing. Nothing’s happened!
“Yeah, he stayed over till the early hours once, but my friends were there too. We kissed, but there’s been nothing as in sex – not yet!”
But she does admit that it may not be too long before she takes the next step with Tom: “At the end of the day, I’m an adult and I’m finally ready to take the next step and sleep with someone new. I need to move on and there’s nothing wrong with that.”

Lauren and Mark – over for good?

Lauren_Goodger Mark_Wright
Lauren and Mark during their on-again-off-again relationship
 
Lauren’s keen to prove people wrong who think she’ll go running back to Mark.
“I think all guys worry I’ll go back to Mark. I’d think the same. But there’s nothing I can do except prove otherwise. Tom asked about it and I told him I’m looking forward, not back. Life’s too short.”
But she’s wavered before, so is it definitely over for good?
“Yeah, I’m moving on. I do feel like that’s it now – if I move on, it’s definitely over with Mark.
“I’ll love Mark for the rest of my life and I’ll never forget sharing so much with him, but I’m moving on. I’m surprised he hasn’t been in touch in the last couple of weeks but, deep down, I’m sure he just wants me to be happy.”

Weight issues

Lauren admits she was devastated when she saw unflattering pictures of herself on holiday, and knew she had to do something about it.
She started the Cambridge Weight Plan – which involves having three meal replacement shakes and one meal a day – and threw herself into exercise.
Lauren lost an impressive 1st and was keen to show off the results in Marbella in June.
But since getting back from her holiday, she’s taking some time out from the strict eating plan.
“I was really focused,” she said “But, on holiday, you want to drink cocktails and when I came home I ate what I felt like. I’ll start it [the diet] again soon, as well as running and going to the gym. The consultants at Cambridge Weight Plan are adjusting my plan to fit around my lifestyle – now I just need to do it.
“I don’t know my weight – I go by my clothes, but I don’t need to lose drastic amounts. I’ll always struggle – I go up and down by about a stone. It’s just my figure and I’ll always be curvy – I’ve got a bum and boobs! But I’m not worrying too much. Sometimes, it’s not always about how you look on the outside – I’m actually happy on the inside now.”
Happiness sure does suit you, Lauren.
The full interview and more pictures appear in this month’s Closer magazine, on sale now.

No comments:

Post a Comment