Labels

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Katy Perry: I won’t release a heartbreak album like Adele

Katy Perry: I won’t release a heartbreak album like Adele
Adele has experienced phenomenal success with her album 21, which was written after a bitter break up.
But fellow singer Katy Perry has said she isn’t about to do the same, despite having great subject matter after her divorce from comedian Russell Brand.
“I’d never devote a whole record to heartbreak. I’m happy, I’m in a good place, I’m looking forward to my future,” Katy told The Sun.
The singer, who’s busy promoting her new documentary Katy Perry: Part Of Me, was rumoured to have written the accompanying song Part of Me about her ex-husband, but she later claimed that the song was written two years ago.
Katy has said that Russell’s lack of effort to fly over to the States to visit her was ultimately the reason for the couple’s split.
“If I could edit it any other way I would, but that is exactly the way it was,” Katy explained.

Touring

The Fireworks singer has often spoken about her love of touring and insisted she owed it to her fans to hit the road saying: “I always had plans to make this record and usually with a record, you tour a record.
“Touring is always important to me. It’s like a big IOU to my fans, because I know they are the reason I exist.'

Grateful

Katy has said it was always her dream to become a singer and she is grateful for all the support she’s received.
“Ever since I was younger I wanted to be on stage, singing my songs in a glittering costume,” she said.
“And that happened and is still happening. I have to remember that this is what I wished for and be grateful because there are 500 other girls right behind me that are ready to snatch it up.”
Yup, including us. Though we can't actually sing. Or dance. So you're probably safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment